Not just selling shore homes, selling a shore way of life. Your resource for the best homes, hotspots, & happenings in Margate, Ventnor, & Atlantic City.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Home Purchases: Myths & Truths



I am not certain why but there is a perception that the shore gets slow at the holidays. Personally I have been busier with Buyers since mid November than I have been since July. I had family in town for Thanksgiving and the only time I spent at home was Thanksgiving Day. All the other days I was out showing property and I loved it. (no knock to family)


In recent weeks, Buyers that I represent have made accepted offers on:




  • a townhouse in Brigantine - priced between $410-$440k - closing in December
  • a single family home in Ventnor - priced between $310-$340k - closing in February
  • a single family home in Margate - priced between - $320-$380k - closing in December
  • a single family home in Ventnor - priced between - $1.1 mil - 1.5 mil - closing in February
(please note: actually prices can not be disclosed until after settlement)


Three more Buyers have made offers on properties and are currently in negotiation with the Sellers to see if there can be a "meeting of the minds." Several more Buyers I am working with are still in looking and trying to chose the best property. New Buyers call and email on a daily basis.


The right time to buy is not seasonal. Yes, some people are more inclined to "hibernate" but not all.


P.S. I am not working Christmas Day, but I am already set up with a new client on Dec 26th!

No comments: